The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Half Day

There are days where I think to myself at some point in the day that I am not going to have much to say about it in this blog. Then something amazing happens, and I am proven wrong. ...Not today. I ate breakfast with my host and other guest, while the rain poured down, but soon to stop. Then all together we set out for our respective days at the same time. I took the bridge he crossed yesterday (there daring to snap a couple while moving shots with the minimal traffic), and he headed across the island the way I had come. I got on highway 24, which I followed all the way to Jacksonville, but not actually going into the city, instead getting onto 17 and following that all the rest of the way to my hosts', 55 miles in total, shoulder coming and going on the way.

And that was it. I made good time, faced no real obstacles, the threat of rain never panning out to more than a drizzle, and seeing nothing of great interest. By 1 I had arrived at my hosts'. I guess considering my sore hands, having a short, simple day is not such a bad thing. ...It just means I'm writing this blog to say that I haven't anything to say.

But I did have a good time with my hosts. She was home when I arrived, and first thing we sat and chatted over nothing else but a Yuengling beer. Her husband is originally from Pittsburgh. She's originally from Michigan, and lived in Denver up until the closure of her company there made her come to a location here (which would eventually remove the position, making the original reason for her move void). It was nice to be able to talk about the differences in the culture and nature of the South with someone else not from here. We talked about their plan to sometime soon be fully retired and then bike around the country, maybe moving to Ecuador when finished, where they could live cheaply in retirement. With plenty of talk, delicious tostada for dinner, and more beer, it was a good night to my plain day.











No comments:

Post a Comment