The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Friday, June 2, 2017

Bumming around Boston

Well, technically I spent more time outside of Boston city limits than in, but I bummed around the Boston area at least all day. I slept in a bit. I took some time to do things in the morning. My host, who was busy with a conference call, provided me a key to come and go, and I took the opportunity to walk to the grocery store and buy much needed groceries, as well as baked goods for breakfast (when I see an inexpensive muffin labeled as 650 calories, I am all over that thing). I didn't get out and on the bike until after 9:30

I biked around the extent of the Emerald Necklace, a looping bike path around the Fenway gardens, Marsh, ponds, and a sizeable lake. It was nice, though I did have a couple times where I had trouble figuring out how to stay on the path. After that I biked back to the river and its bike path. I biked on the Cambridge side for a time. I navigated the construction to go up and see Harvard and the yard. Since everyone else was doing it, I got my picture taken of me touching the founder's (well, wealthy donor and namesake's) foot. Then I biked back to the other side of the river, continued on the bike path as long as I could, and sometime before 3 showed up at the door of my friends' house (well, her mother's, technically), where they're presently staying. And that was all my biking for the day.

I got a tour of the impressive old house. We chatted. We went out for ice cream. I got plenty of time to relax. Then we went for dinner to an Armenian place they had never visited, and we got to see a belly dancer perform...which turned into a bit of a strip tease at the end. Old white women stuffing dollar bills down a belly dancer's skirt is a sight I won't soon forget. It was a good night.

And well, while today was in a large sense a rest day already, since while I biked around a fair bit, I only gained about 10 miles down the coast, I am taking tomorrow off too. There's a party that sounds like fun and I'd like to spend some more time with my friends. I have time. Sure, I envision myself cursing every choice I made that didn't get me through the South sooner, when I am down in Florida in July and it's obscenely hot...but that's future Eli's problem. Let him deal with it.






























No comments:

Post a Comment