The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Journey of a Thousand Miles...One Step...Yada Yada

I cried this morning, and I'm smiling tonight. I can't think of anything more I could ask of a day. It was hard leaving home, harder than I thought it would be, but I know this adventure is something I have to do. It was perfect weather for my embarkation, cool and cloudy, with minimal wind. I ended up not going to Stromsburg but actually going a little bit further and less out of the way to a campground here in Aurora. It was a long, tiring 70+ mile day. I'm glad to be in my tent.
There wasn't too much to see today, especially since I was mostly covering ground I've already covered on my trials. As one interesting note, I actually saw other bicyclists today, not carrying any weight beyond backpacks mind you, but still biking between towns. I imagine they were doing it as weekend exercise, and that's why I saw some today and not before. I also saw more motorcycle gangs than I care to count. I wonder if that has to do with it being the weekend too. The only other thing worth mentioning is that a number of farm fields were flooded thanks to the storms. I know the farmers don't appreciate it, but I found it kind of pretty, and it was neat to hear all the frogs that had taken up residence in the newly formed bodies of water.
Sadly I have minimal data here. So no one will actually see this until I am somewhere I have enough data to actually post. That's frustrating, but what can you do?
Found open WiFi today. Sweet!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck Eli! Safe travels, and may the wind be always at your back.

    ReplyDelete