The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Deja Vu

I just saw dad again. And once again we said our goodbyes, perhaps a little less ceremoniously. He was my white knight once again. I have new backup intertubes for my bike and my trailer now has solid tires. I at least won't be fixing flats on those. Which is good because they're a real pain to get on and off. And it seems I can get by without the damn spring... And now, I press on. I'm learning to walk, I stumbled, I fell, I got picked up again. That's how it goes. I'll be outside dad's rescue range soon, but hopefully I'll be equipped and prepared not to need saving. That's all I can do, just hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and be willing to stumble when need be. Things seemed awful last night and this morning and now I'm back on track again. In the future, I just need to be able to do that on my own.

So, here I am back in Broken Bow, and here I am again thinking it's great...until I realize it isn't. This park has electricity, WiFi, water, toilets, shade, the whole damn works. ...But it explicitly forbids tent camping. This town really is good at making me feel unwelcome, huh?

For the love of all good and holy, I'm not going back to Anselmo. So I guess Merna, which I previously passed on the way there is going to have to do. Let's hope they're more welcoming (and not thorn filled either).



No comments:

Post a Comment