The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Embracing the Adventure

So, I woke up on a strange couch this morning. It felt quite surreal. The very nice, totally awesome Grand Island drag queen whose couch I crashed on was not awake when I had to leave in the morning, so I left him a note...on toilet paper. I didn't know what else to use.

I left Grand Island with no idea where I was going. I had some notion of following Highway 30 to Kearney. ...But then the wind wasn't going that way, so instead I went the other way. I followed Highway 2 and ended up in the tiny little town of Litchfield at their public park. When I asked the guy across the street who to ask for permission to camp here, he said he didn't think I needed permission...and if anyone gave me trouble to say the guy across the street said it was okay. ...There are some cool benefits to a small town of 200some people.

I went to the little grocer here and bought a brick of cheese...which half out of desire and mostly necessity I ate all in one sitting with some crackers. At the start it tasted like cold, cheesy manna from heaven...then 3 quarters of the way through it became greasy grossness I had to force down. Interesting how big of a deal something so previously simple and mundane as cheese becomes such a big deal.

I have no data or WiFi to post this right now. I haven't had any all day. And I don't know when I will again. I've set myself on a lost and forgotten highway with little in the way of civilization along it. I've fully embraced the adventure...and gotten myself lost.

This post now coming to you with thanks from Broken Bow motel open WiFi!




No comments:

Post a Comment