The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

This post is dedicated to my dad. He's the best father anyone could ask for. This trip owes a lot to him. From coming up with my storage container setup for my trailer (which you should know, dad, lots of people compliment), to bailing me out way back in Litchfield, to all the times I've told him on the phone, "I don't know if I can do this, dad," and he's responded, "Of course you can, son," I can't possibly thank my dad enough for his support. Thank you, dad, for being the best, whether up close or a thousand miles away.
As to myself, I can walk, run even, without discomfort now! ...So yeah, I haven't mentioned it, because I didn't want to worry anyone, but after my little fall on my coccyx way back when I went to Rushmore, for the longest time (more than a state worth) it hurt to walk. Riding was fine, but walking hurt. I joked about it a lot to myself, especially in Yellowstone. I'd laugh at the irony that I was biking all day, 50-80 miles, but would complain about walking half a mile, and jest that I should park my bike in the handicap squares. But I seem to be fully healed now, and I thought I'd mention how nice it is to walk without any discomfort.
Today has gone well, at least up until now. My hosts invited me over to there actual home and made me a really nice breakfast of eggs, pancakes, and a fruit smoothie, and we had a nice conversation while I ate (in which we all complained about the awful Idahoan winds). The road to Mountain Home was full of significant ups and downs, but the winds didn't give me much trouble and it was ultimately much more down than up (with a 2000 foot drop over all), so it was really an easy day.
But then after getting some fast food at a gas station/convenience store in town, I found out that while being willing to put me up, my host for the night wouldn't be home until 11. ...Then while sitting here burning time in this park, got a message that he might not get home at all. I have no clue yet what I'm doing. I'm using my solar battery to charge my phone since I don't have access to an outlet, while typing out this post, and waiting to hear from my host. No matter what, I'll figure something out. It's just a little rough when you don't know where you're sleeping for the night.
I came out of the convenience store to find an older man and who I assumed was his young grandson taking interest in my bike. They asked me the standard faire of questions, and then the older gentleman warned me the pioneers often thought they'd made it further than they had, basically telling me not to get complacent just because I'm nearing Oregon. I'm definitely going to be keeping those words in mind.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Father's Day post. But you should know that it was your Mother who said "just buy it!" about your storage container. It was her that also said you could use a trailer to get your mower around town. Ah, the start of something big! Carry on my son, both your Mother and I are seeing places we have never seen through your eyes and photos. Love from both.

    ReplyDelete