The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Wall

I hit a wall today. I started the day tired and after just a little biking I was exhausted. My legs weren't sore as they've been in the past, my whole body was just weak, spent out. It's not surprising I guess. It's been 8 days and 400 miles. I finally need rest. I made it the 30 miles to Gordon and that was all I had in me.
Perhaps it was blessed serendipity, because otherwise I might have biked on through here and be caught in this storm right now. Instead I'm here in a pizza hut, with WIFI, waiting for the storm to lessen and get back to my bike. It's ugly out there. Talk of 50mph winds and hail and the whole works.
After seeking out and finding a police officer (took awhile, first checked dispatch station and no one was in today), I got specific approval for not only camping in the park, but throwing my sleeping bag down under the shelter to not get everything soaked...hopefully. I was even told the patrol would be looking out for me. And tonight that's actually a real relief.


No comments:

Post a Comment