The Donation Button Some People Asked For

If anyone wants to donate to this venture and me posting about it, they can do so here

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Updates

As I type this out, I am sitting in the backseat of Dwight's van (having had front most the trip, and only this afternoon given it over to Joel when asked), as he diligently drives Joel and me through the desert to San Diego. It's been a long ride and there is still quite some ways to go, but as we head further south into warmer weather and scenery more akin to what we will see on our tour, the excitement of starting the real journey is finally starting to solidify. I'm so used to riding out from wherever I'm at, heading out the door, hopping on my bike and immediately being on my own and on my way, that leaving Lincoln by car just didn't trigger that anticipation for the first day of the road trip to San Diego. But it's here now. Tomorrow we will get dropped off at the beach and be on our own, no more sitting in a car absently watching the scenery go by, just the two of us and the open road. And I'm ready. Sitting in a car for hours on end takes way more of a toll on me than riding my bike all day.

But Dwight has been a great driver this whole time, and I really can't thank him enough for taking us. I'm going to miss our trio. We joked about abducting him and taking him with us (I mean, he even brought a bike with him to ride around at a few stops on his way back to Lincoln), and I seriously would if I could. Joel and I will be fine though. We'll have a strong rapport in no time, I'm sure.

Joel and I have been tasked with revitalizing the social media presence of our shop, The Bike Rack. And that means two important things. First: It means you should go here- https://instagram.com/bikeracklincoln?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1o7ywvakfbt75
And here-
https:/twitter.com/bikerackne
And don't forget here- https://facebook.com/BikeRackLincoln/
And you should follow the shop in order to follow us on our trip.

Second: It also means, as much as I hate to say it, I may not post on this blog as fastidiously as I have on previous tours. It's often been a struggle to post as much as I have before (when I think the few people who follow this blog mostly just want to see the pictures anyways), and I'm going to have less time for updates when I have all the other social media posting to do. Not to mention that I'm going to have another person with me, so I'll have less alone time on top of that. I'll still try to post here when I can, but please, follow the Bike Rack for more frequent pictures and updates!







No comments:

Post a Comment